Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day and knitting

I called my mom today, to wish her a happy Mother's Day, and after she thanked me for the flowering plant we sent, she asked, "What are you up to?" and in unison, we said, "Knitting," and then laughed. She asked me what I was knitting, and I told her about the Just In Case Hat. She, being a nurse, asked brief medical questions; then, knowing that whole situation would be a sore subject, said, "Have you given crochet another try yet?" I told her not since the two earflap hats with crochet borders.

"I'll get there, Mom."
"What about those crusty crawlies?"
"Yes, Mom, those are first on my list of things to crochet; the Just In Case Hat is for the mom of one of the boys who gave me that book."
"Well then, you have my permission to finish the hat first."
"Gee, thanks, Ma."

She's crazy, and funny, and I love her, and I wish I had paid attention when she tried to teach me to crochet when I was little. Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bees LOVE comments!