Monday, May 18, 2009

Critical thinking.

Regarding my beloved Etsy, I have noticed a few things that disturb me, so I thought I'd jot them down here, then let them go:

1. I don't think a "Street Team" (group) bio containing typos makes a very good impression on prospective members and customers. Personally, I would think twice about joining a group seemingly lacking in proofreading and/or spell-checking skills. (I know you know I'm not referring to the INCrowd; the Indiana Team bio and blog are quite well-written.)

2. This new trend of curating a Treasury and featuring one of your own items rubs me the wrong way. I'm not sure why, as I can read the bottom-o'-the-page-rules and see that it's within those rules, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Seems like bad form to me, really.

3. Feedback might be just as important to your buyers as it is to you as a seller; don't forget to leave some.

1 comment:

  1. I have problems with the "Street Team" mentality in the music business, also.

    ReplyDelete

Bees LOVE comments!