Thursday, March 11, 2010

Meet Fuzzy!

This is the first in a series of three profiles of cats in need, in conjunction with my shop's Etsyversary hoopla (read about that in this post). Look at Fuzzy! Don't you just want to scoop him up?!

Fuzzy was trapped outside in 2007 as a young adult and is probably about four years old. He was part of a colony of feral (wild) cats living in a town outside of Bangor, Maine. Unlike the others in the colony, Fuzzy has long fur. At first, Feline Friends thought Fuzzy was a completely wild kitty but over time he gradually became more and more friendly and started coming in the home of the lady who found him and even sitting on her lap. He now loves to be combed and patted but can still get a little testy if overstimulated, so he wouldn't be good with young children. Fuzzy does fine with other cats but would also be okay as an only kitty, as long as he can get constant attention and loving. Fuzzy is used to being able to go outside from time to time. Although he would probably be fine as an indoor kitty most of the time, once the warm weather comes he will probably insist on a brief trip out on the deck, so he would need a home on a very quiet, rural street.
If you know anyone looking for a wonderful kitty like Fuzzy and they live in New England, please encourage them to apply for adoption, which they cat do at www.felinefriendsnh.org/adoptions.html

I know that not everyone can adopt a cat, and that not everyone lives in New England, where Feline Friends is located. Me, neither! Here are some other ways you can help:

  • Send your friends and family a link to this blog post to help spread the word about the beautiful Fuzzy! Tweet it, facebook it, whatever - the more people that know about him, the more Fuzzy's chances of finding a permanent home increase!
  • Make a purchase from my Etsy shop. I'm donating 50% of my Etsy shop's sales between now and March 31st to Feline Friends Rescue/Adoption League. Why Feline Friends? They work hard, they are a no-kill organization, and they need that money! In addition, I'm going to include a free little gift, handmade by me, with every order placed during this time. Don't try to argue with the birthday girl; I can give you presents if I want to! Please type "Fuzzy" in your Message to me during the checkout process.
Stay tuned - I've got two more fabulous cats to introduce you to over the next week or so!


1 comment:

  1. I will prepare myself to cry and then tweet every day this month. :)

    ReplyDelete

Bees LOVE comments!