Monday, November 2, 2009

Too late, hot plate.

I got a totally cool vintage fruit crate label from Tink, because my childhood best friend's name is Judy, and I thought I could make her something cool for Christmas. Then I bought a wood tray at a craft store... then I pickled it, and then I decoupaged the label onto the tray.

I called Judy this afternoon, when I was on my way home. Her mom answered her phone. Judy had gone into cardiac arrest and was in intensive care.
Then I got home to discover it had been a really good mail day... including some beautiful yarn handspun by ET, which Manic purchased - and had ET send to me. To me! Warms your cockles, doesn't it?

Then Judy's brother called me, and told me if I had the time, I should head down there, and that he should be there by Wednesday. A little while later, he called back, in tears, and told me, "Judy's gone."

The lesson I learned today is that it's okay not to wait for an occasion or a holiday to give someone a gift.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Annette, I am sooooo sorry. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Bees LOVE comments!