Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October?! Yeah!

How have you been, lovely readers?  I took a little break from blogging after our piano got to its permanent home (though I still have to get over to Day Nursery and tighten things up). Things have been busy here, but I knew I needed to get over here and give you a recap!  Among recent highlights:

1.  We got a new baby nephew!  This is the first time I've become an aunt as a grown-up, or lived nearby, and it's thrilling!  He is easily the most adorable boy I have ever seen, and Merino and I keep wondering what we ever did before we were so busy texting each other our pictures of him and changing our computer backgrounds with updated pics!  

2.  Have I mentioned I finally bought my own spinning wheel?  She's beautiful, but it took me a while to get her adjusted like the one I have been borrowing for years!  

3. I'm volunteering for a local "exotic" animals rescue (EARPS.org), which has led to us fostering two single gerbils, and man are they different than hamsters!  (Which reminds me, Carmelita's birthday is coming up; she wants sunflower seeds!) 

4.  I'm having fun conceptualizing custom knitting orders.  Coming up: an elephant hat and an owl hat!   

5.  The Film Festival I volunteer for is next month - yay!  Just so you know, I may have an embarrassing fan-girl meltdown if I get to meet Del Shores.

6.  My sister came for a visit, and we got to meet her husband!  He has laugh lines, and they held hands; it was very heartwarming.

7.  The Yarnburners yarnbombed the Indyfringe Theatre Festival, and I attended a couple of Fringe shows... LOVE!

8.  I applied to, and was accepted into the Handmade Promenade, which is a holiday-shopping-time pop-up shop that will be in downtown Indianapolis!  In November and December my yarns will be available in person, in addition to on Etsy!  

Yes, these are just a few recent happenings!  I'll keep you posted on these and other developments - but if you think I'm being too quiet on my blog, be sure to connect with me on various social media platforms for more frequent updates; I hear Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook are all the rage.  

Thanks for reading; I appreciate you!

1 comment:

Bees LOVE comments!